VGX, the inaugural all-day live multi-platform gaming event, revealed today that it will include a special one-night only performance of the music of “Grand Theft Auto V,” featuring a host of artists from the game’s soundtrack and score, and streamed on VGXLIVE.com, and across all screens and gaming devices worldwide.
VGX (#VGX) also announced that “South Park” creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone will be on hand along with an exclusive sneak peek of the highly anticipated game “South Park: The Stick of Truth.” Additionally, VGX unveiled its first wave of exclusive world premieres that will be debuted during the three-hour live stream on Saturday, December 7, beginning at 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT.
THE WAIT FOR BLACK FRIDAY SALES IS OVER
The doors to the mall will finally open this week and only one gaming device will be the winner on an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Titties and Dragons,” premiering Wednesday, December 4 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.
Princess Kenny’s charm has brought more and more support to the PlayStation camp. Cartman and Kyle have not wavered in their loyalty to X-Box. But now, the wait is over. It’s time for everyone who has lined up to seize their opportunity for Black Friday sales. it’s going to be a bloodbath and only one side will be left standing.
"The wait for the Black Friday sales is over. The saga continues this week!" in this preview clip:
Monty Python member Terry Jones, 71, has exclusively revealed to the Ham&High that it is American comedians Matt Stone and Trey Parker, more recently famed for their smash-hit musical The Book of Mormon, who are responsible for reuniting the Pythons.
Speaking from his Highgate home on Tuesday, he said: “The South Park people brought us together, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
“They approached us and suggested we should get together and do something together. That’s what triggered the interest in the show.”
Earlier on Tuesday, Monty Python fans around the world received the news all five surviving members of the original troupe will be reuniting for their first performance together since 1983 film The Meaning of Life.
Today, in a Reddit AMA Eric Idle provided this response when asked if the news was true:
Check out what “A Song of Ass and Fire” brought us:
- "Scott Malkinson has diabetes so we hit him in his weak spot."
- "I’m a wizard and a king. A wizard-king, yes. No, I’m not king of wizards, I’m a king that happens to be a wizard."
- "…tragedy struck last night when mall security officer Miles "Happy" Davis was beaten to death with this candy cane…"
- "Happy was a good man. Too good to have died in such a brutal, but festive manner."
- "We can walk really slow, look!"
- "They keep on promising dragons, but I keep on getting floppy wieners in my face."
- "… how come every time you talk to someone it’s about betraying someone else?"
- "… his wiener glistens in the golden sunlight."
- "It’s the morning news with Tom and Tammy Thompson, Colorado’s top-rated brother-sister news team."
- "Pizzas are on their way, they’re going to be amazing. So Jon Snow faces Jamie Lannister and this guy’s wiener is huge, right, so it’s not going to be easy."
- "Now who’s walking who through the betrayal garden."
- "♫ Wiener, wiener, wiener, wiener, wiener ♫" - "♫ Wiener party, wiener party ♫" - "♫ Soft wieners, nice and soft, non-erect wieners! ♫"
- "… no doubt a lot of people you know and love are going to die."
- The episode’s title, “A Song of Ass and Fire” is a parody of the title of the book series that Game of Thrones is adapted from, “A Song of Ice and Fire”.
- Kenny wears his South Park: The Stick of Truth princess outfit for the entire episode. It resembles Princess Zelda.
- Tom and Tammy Thompson having an incestuous relationship is a reference to the GoT twins Jaime and Cersei Lannister having an incestuous relationship.
- Kenny calls Cartman what sounds like “cocksucking faggot” but Stan translates it as “ball-licking lesbian.”
- George R. R. Martin changing his pizza order from two to five pizzas is a reference to how he originally planned A Song of Ice and Fire to be a trilogy, but then extended it to being seven volumes. His delaying of both Thanksgiving and Black Friday is a reference to how there are often delays in the releasing of his books. It may also be a reference to how South Park won’t have a new episode until December 4.
- George R. R. Martin’s house has a ton of phallocentric art in the background including the penis statue that was famously used in a scene in A Clockwork Orange to kill a woman.
- Sony’s CEO gives Kenny an amulet that resembles a Sailor Moon Transformation Brooch (and other anime-style amulets).
- Kenny’s Japanese song translates to “Now it’s Tuesday, Kill Princess Kenny, Why again? Why so late? “Kenny-chan” is a cute princess. Oh, what a cute girl.” (HT: Jan and Reddit).
- The Black Friday shoppers marching towards the mall and the screech at the end of the episode is similar to how GoT season 2 ends with White Walkers marching and an old White Walker screeching. The previous episode ends with a screeching rat just as GoT season 1 ends with a screeching dragon.
- There are GoT spoilers for upcoming seasons mentioned in the episode as well as some red herrings.
- Emilia Clarke DID NOT DO the voiceover at the beginning, there is a new voice actress listed in the credits of the episode. (Just pointing this out because I saw many comments online speculating that she did the voice.)
Did I miss any of your favorites? Comment/reblog/message me and I’ll update the post!
BLACK FRIDAY IS COMING
Hordes of souless shoppers approach the mall in anticipation of the Black Friday sales in an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “A Song of Ass and Fire,” premiering Wednesday, November 20 at10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.
The console wars are heating up in South Park. Princess Kenny’s betrayal has left Cartman out for revenge. The kids prepare for an epic battle where one faction’s favorite gaming device will come out on top. Will Stan and Kyle’s friendship survive Black Friday?
"Butters and Scott Malkinson seek answers from the source," in this preview clip:
Check out what “Black Friday” brought us:
- "Winter is coming and the next-gen gaming systems are hitting the shelves." - "Which nobody can afford."
- "… and use the 80% to get the gaming systems we need to survive."
- "We, ahh, douse ourselves in pig blood because it does help us slip through the crowd when the door opens."
- "Last year we lost our youngest daughter, but in her memory we’re going to find a young girl and step on her head this year."
- "If anyone thinks they’re going to beat me inside that mall and keep me from getting my kids Christmas presents, they can kiss my fat vagina because I’m bringing the motherfuckin’ pain!"
- "They don’t salute in Game of Thrones, Butters."
- "How about we ask those kids who play Star Trek?" - "Ah, no screw those guys, they’re dorks and I’m not playing with them."
- "… I can see their faces smushed up against the glass licking lips waiting to get in. God, the sounds that they made ….they were screaming, blood, people tearing each other’s faces off while holiday music played in the background."
- "Have you ever noticed that almost every time they show a guy’s weiner that guy’s character is gay?" -"… just could do with a little less gay weiners is all."
- "I like the PS4’s controller’s better." - "The PS4 controller has a touchpad interface."
- "Let these Sony fucks wallow in their limited voice-control functionality!"
- "Winter is coming, Sharon and I’m a sneaky little bee. Buzz buzz."
- "Sony people don’t think with logic, he betrayed us. And now we must out Game of Thrones him by making powerful alliances."
- "… but all I get is weiner, weiner, weiner. It’s not all gay weiner, but when they do show a straight guy’s weiner it’s all soft and floppy. Even though he just got done humping a pretty girl. Why is that? Because a soft weiner isn’t threatening just like a gay weiner."
- Stop Touching Me Elmo. “Have you ever been tickled on the inside?” - “You want to kiss the guy who does Elmo’s voice?” - “Elmo also helps kids brush their teeth with his toothbrush dispenser.”
- "They’re releasing a new Elmo doll just in time for Black Friday. You’ve murdered us! You soulless monsters, you’ve killed us all!"
- "Of course we’re going to go with the PS4, they’re blacker."
- "What’s Betamax?" - "What’s VHS?"
- "You have a strong influence over the rest of the men, Lady McCormick."
- "No it’s my damn garden and I’m sick of you kids dressing up and having talks of betrayal in it."
- "You remind me of my son, he died on Black Friday of 89’."
- BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU
- "When you pre-order a game, you’re just committing to paying for something that some assholes in California haven’t even finished working on yet." - "You know what you get for pre-ordering a game? A big dick in your mouth."
- "I’m getting my son that Elmo doll you fuck!" *STAB*
- "You are in charge now, take this." *removes scratched eye*
- "All hail the princess!"
- Last year, there was one death and multiple fights on Black Friday.
- Kenny is like Game of Thrones' Sansa Stark with his outfit and when he walks through the courtyard. He is like Daenerys Targaryen when he has a rat crawl over him (instead of dragons) and is referred to as a “princess.”
- Kenny and Kyle have different outfits than their ones in previews of South Park: The Stick of Truth.
- Right after Cartman says, “they are calling it Black Friday,” you can hear what sounds like an Xbox 360 “Achievement Unlocked” sound. (Or I can just be hearing things…)
- Randy is like GoT's Jon Snow of the Night's Watch who protects the Wall from White Walkers as Randy protects the mall from Black Friday shoppers.
- It’s revaled that Gordon Stoltski (murdered during the morning announcements) has brothers (or relatives) named Larry and Brett.
- The Black Friday veteran is like GoT's Jeor Mormont (the leader of the Night's Watch) and Tyrion Lannister with the scratch down his face and the claim that he can't die because he is one of the best characters.
- Cutting to an explicit sex scene of the CEO of Sony is a reference to how many scenes in GoT start with unnecessarily explicit sex.
- The Star Trek's kid FaceChat program is labeled “Scripe”.
- Scott Malkinson, the kid with diabetes, is wearing a band with insulin shots on it. (via Reddit)
- Kevin Clash, the former voice of Elmo, was accused of having sex with minors. In 1996 when “Tickle Me Elmo" launched, there was violence in stores as people fought over the toy’s limited supply.
- South Park is referencing itself when they mention that pre-orders just commits you to buying something that isn’t even complete as South Park: The Stick of Truth has accepted pre-orders for over a year and the game doesn’t ship until March 2014.
- The episode will mostly likely be the first of a two-parter and not a trilogy as there is no episode airing on November 27.
- Cameo: Wayne D (the “wigger” guy)
Did I miss any of your favorites? Comment/reblog/message me and I’ll update the post!
BLACK FRIDAY IS COMING
Anticipation for the biggest shopping day of the year is building in an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Black Friday,” premiering Wednesday, November 13 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central. The dark days of winter are coming and that can only mean one thing: the fight to be the first in the mall on Black Friday has begun. The boys prepare to battle the crowds the day after Thanksgiving to get the best deal on the new gaming systems.
Meanwhile Randy gets a job working as a mall security guard to help control the insane number of people lining up to take advantage of the official first day of holiday shopping.
"Cartman calls the boys together to discuss a dark magic in South Park," in this preview clip: