South Park: The Stick of Truth reportedly has seven censored scenes in Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
BT.com reports that the scenes in question have been replaced with on-screen text that describes what’s happening behind the censorship.
The site adds that documentation sent with its review copy confirms that a mini-game involving a doctor performing an abortion on the player and again with the player performing the same procedure on Randy Marsh, as well as five anal probe scenes have been censored.
The accompanying literature adds, “Seven scenes of about 20 seconds each are censored in the EMEA console versions of South Park: The Stick of Truth. The decision to cut this content from the game was made by Ubisoft EMEA.”
UPDATE: our local Ubisoft rep has been in touch to say that the censorship is purely a marketing decision and that the scenes are also censored in the UK.
The source document states, “Each censored scene is replaced by an image background and a description text selected by Matt & Trey.”
Consistency defined South Park’s 17th season. With a shortened 10 episode run, Trey Parker and Matt Stone streamlined their process and attacked a spectrum of targets, from religion and the Zimmerman verdict to Game of Thrones and the console wars, with concise and articulate shots at popular culture. Each plot escalated gradually and logically as clear points and hilarious commentary filled this season with some of the show’s best moments in years.
Check out what “The Hobbit” brought us:
- "I really appreciate the offer, but you’re too fat for me." "See ya Lisa!"
- "Are you just an asshole? Is that it?" - "No, I got arms and legs, I got everything."
- "Apparently, you called Butters’ girlfriend a Hobbit."
- "… there is a very fine line, Wendy, between being a feminst and being a hater. Mmkay. And you’re going to have to find that line because nobody likes a girl who’s jelly."
- "I am not Aquaman, I am a recovering gay fish."
- "…yes she has a friend named Gandalf who happens to be a wizard." *calls phone* - "Bitch, how you not the Hobbit again?"
- "Bitch you not a Hobbit, right? No I know, you smoke that long pipe sometimes when you sit by the fire." "That is not a Hobbit pipe for your information, it is a personal oral humidifier to keep all the wrinkles around her mouth from showing."
- "I wouldn’t mind t-ta-taping that ass."
- "I should have you sent out to Jelly school" - "Mr. Mackey, I appreciate the point you’re trying to make. "
- "Kim is not even that movie. That movie is loosely based on her television show Keeping Up with the Kardashians which is a show about short loud little people living in a fantasy world. HOLD UP” -“Bitch if you the Hobbit, you better let me know right now because I’m making a fool of myself right now.”
- "Did you not see Eric Smith’s boobs, Kyle? They’re like perfect water balloons." - "I do love water balloons!"
- "One thing I know is my girl ain’t no Hobbit!" "Except for one time she went to kill that dragon, she took its gold and she- hang on a minute, I’m sorry, I’m sorry"
- "That’s not a jelly school, that’s a Dunken Donuts."
- "Once upon a time there was a little Hobbit who lived in the forest and all the Hobbit ever wanted was to be beautiful. And even though she was short and fat and hairy, this little Hobbit dreamed that one day she can be pretty like Beyonce. And one day came along a magic power called Photoshop and just like that POOF- the little Hobbit was beautiful. And even though she couldn’t sing like Beyonce, or dance like Beyonce, or act like Beyonce, or be a decent human being like Beyonce, the little Hobbit was looked up to and loved just like Beyonce." "…so the Hobbit prayed to God and God said don’t worry little Hobbit, I will go find this Jelly Monster girl and read her a story and melt her icy heart and the Hobbit said thank you and the Hobbit and God lived happily ever after because I love her so much."
- TIME Magazine announced Pope Francis as Time Person of The Year the morning the episode aired.
- Kanye interrupting the Pope is a reference to his interrupting of Taylor Swift at the 2009 VMAs.
- The gym is called “Total-Self Image”. The term “self-image“‘s meaning has been changed from how one views themself to the actual digital image of oneself. The song is a parody of Britney Spears’ new song, “Work Bitch”. Lisa Berger’s outfit is directly out of the song’s music video. Also, Nichole has her black skin lightened.
- Kanye West’s music video is a parody of his "Bound 2" video.
- In case you didn’t catch it, Kanye referred to himself as God in his story to Wendy.
Did I miss any of your favorites? Comment/reblog/message me and I’ll update the post!
LOOK WHO’S JELLY NOW
Wendy tries to fix up one of her girl friends with Butters on an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “The Hobbit,” premiering Wednesday, December 11 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.
Wendy tries to prove a point about how much pressure little girls feel to look like celebrities. Her latest soapbox issue gets her in trouble with everyone at school. It also gets Clyde a new girlfriend.
"Butters tries to explain his taste in women to Wendy," in this preview clip.